Sunday, December 6, 2009

The Battle is Won.

Do any of you know what the national bird is of Italy?

It is in fact the mosquito.  The shear number of them surprised me, as we were well into November when we moved here.  Yet still these little buggers were all over the place.  Luckily, we've moved into a new apartment that has proper seals on the windows and this has dramatically changed the outlook of the war against the mosquitoes.  The recent drop in temperature has also helped to reduce their numbers, but I've been trying to do my part as well.  While in our last apartment my one day record was 11 kills.  Over the month my total was around 30, the exact numbers are hard to say because some of the fighting went on at an indecent hour of the night.  It seems that with my help an the inevitable coming of winter we will be able to make it through with some reprieve from their incessant buzzing.

Next year I'll be ready for them.

1 comment:

  1. Hahahahaha.

    Just wait until the summer! I expect you'll be able to beat your current record for 'kills'!

    ReplyDelete